Facilities Maintenance Technician
About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Facilities Maintenance Technician to join our team. You will be responsible for ensuring the optimal functioning of our work environment. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical background, hands-on experience in maintenance, and a proactive approach to problem-solving. This is a full-time position based in Oakland, CA.
- Performs basic and routine facilities maintenance, construction, and repair tasks according to service, quality, and safety standards.
- Follow standard operating procedures, installs, inspects, repairs, and performs preventative maintenance to mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety, and waste management systems.
- Support various facility projects, encompassing tasks such as painting, drywall work, carpentry, installing fixtures, and relocating furniture or materials within the facility.
- Respond promptly to maintenance requests and emergencies to resolve issues and minimize downtime.
- Utilize a work order system to log activities as required.
- Coordinate with external contractors for specialized repairs and maintenance projects.
- Follow job specific established safety protocols, policies and programs. Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures. Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- High school diploma, trade school, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of related experience. Alternatively, 0 years of experience may be accepted with additional specialized training and/or certification.
- Good at following direction and established processes and procedures and operating under moderate to low supervision.
- Gaining or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline.
- Strong knowledge of building systems, CMMS, equipment, and maintenance protocols.
- Familiarity with constructions, electrical and general safety regulations and protocols.
- Ability to work overtime (some extra hours during weekdays and/or weekends) when approved by Manager.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working at fast paced start-up environments preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary: $25/hour to $30/hour (+ OT eligible with manager approval)
- Eligible for Stock Options and Bonus
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401k with pre- and post-tax investing options
- Flexible spending account/Health savings account
- Group and term life
- Paid sick leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Monthly phone stipend
- Daily catered lunch and on-site gym
- Free EV Charging
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.