About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Lilac is seeking a Procurement Specialist to carry out assigned procurement activities for goods and services and add value to Lilac’s operations (in terms of total cost of ownership, quality, delivery lead time, etc.), comply with assigned time and budget goals, and contribute to company goals.
- Work on full life cycle of the procurement processes, including but not limited to managing intake requests from internal customers, procurement document control, assessing best pricing, vendor & lead time tracking, creating purchase orders, managing order fulfillment, invoicing and delivery of goods and services.
- Support Procurement Manager in key tasks across various supply chain management topics:
- Establishing, streamlining and enforcing procurement processes and procedures.
- Analyzing vendor bids and securing favorable terms and conditions including pricing, quality, delivery lead time, etc.
- Building and maintaining vendor relationships to ensure positive leverage when negotiating equipment and service contracts.
- Ensure supplier performance and delivery are aligned with terms and conditions negotiated and aligned with company goals.
- Drive cost optimization by continuously monitoring market trends, supplier performance, and cost structures to identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Inventory management efforts to maintain adequate stock while minimizing excess or obsolete materials.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and company policies, including ethical sourcing practices and sustainability initiatives.
- Outstanding cross-functional collaboration with teams including but not limited to engineering, finance and operations in order to align sourcing strategies with overall business goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in procurement of goods and services – preferably in mining, heavy equipment, energy, chemical or resource development or related industries.
- Hands-on experience working with purchase order issuing tools and Netsuite for collaboration with Accounting/Finance function.
- Basic knowledge of regulations involved in the sourcing as well as import/export of goods and services to/from the US and ideally into LATAM (namely Argentina, Chile, Bolivia) and Europe (EU and UK) preferred.
- Proficiency in both English and Spanish is highly preferred.
- The candidate must be comfortable with up to 20% of travel.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary: 80k-100k (commensurate on experience)
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401k with pre- and post-tax investing options
- Flexible spending account/Health savings account
- Group and term life
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Paid sick leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave
- Monthly phone stipend
- Free EV charging
- Daily catered lunch & on-site gym
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.