Vice President of Communications and Branding
About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
The Vice President of Communications and Branding will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will work closely with the executive team to develop the company’s global brand and oversee all internal and external communications and public stakeholder engagement. This individual will lead all aspects of communication and branding, including strategy, PR, programming, events, and engagement as well as select, qualify, and work with third party agencies to achieve these goals. As such, we are seeking a highly effective and thoughtful storyteller who can appropriately position Lilac, its mission, and its value proposition in a nuanced and elevated way to a variety of external constituencies including site partners, government agencies, clean energy advocacy groups and NGOs, local communities, investors, the Board of Directors, etc. Ultimately, this individual’s mandate is to develop and execute a comprehensive communications and branding strategy to raise Lilac’s profile as the world’s foremost lithium extraction technology company.
- Creating a comprehensive communications strategy and a compelling brand identity and narrative to establish Lilac as a global leader in Direct Lithium Extraction (DLE).
- Developing top-notch communication materials, including statements, press releases, executive messages, and website/social media content to reflect the company’s nuanced position on various complex matters.
- Supporting multiple global divisions and departments including sales, lithium technology, materials manufacturing, and natural resources with any communication or branding needs.
- Cultivating relationships with key reporters, journalists, bloggers, thought leaders, and KOLs to disseminate the Lilac story and brand.
- Managing relations with global PR agencies as needed, with a strong emphasis in the U.S., South America, Europe, and the Middle East.
- Securing targeted, high quality press coverage and writing and distributing press releases to share relevant news from the company that is aligned with the broader corporate strategy.
- Identifying and managing conference and event opportunities to support commercial teams and co-developing publicity and community engagement plans with project teams.
- Leading and collaborating with senior leadership around crisis management and communication including preparing team responses and advising senior leadership on how best to address sensitive and nuanced topics.
- Supporting production of a comprehensive suite of marketing and branding materials aligned with corporate strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Experienced communications and brand leader that is ideally from the entrepreneurial ecosystem with exposure to dynamic, high-growth, highly technical companies.
- Preferably worked in companies addressing climate tech, deep tech, or natural resource extraction.
- Flexible and adaptable working style in a dynamic, growing company.
- Attention to scientific detail in a highly technical industry.
- Capable of becoming fluent in nuanced and complex issues related to technology and the environment.
- Broad experience and strategic orientation in internal and external communications, PR, digital content, etc.
- Ability to conceive and support ad hoc communications and brand initiatives.
- Applies a nuanced, strategic, and practical lens in navigating complex narratives.
- Ability to oscillate between setting high-level strategy and executing on a tactical level.
- Creativity, innovation, self-motivation, analytical acuity, and collaborative spirit.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401k with pre- and post-tax investing options
- Flexible spending account/Health savings account
- Group and term life
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Paid sick leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave
- Monthly phone stipend
- Free EV charging
- Daily catered lunch & on-site gym
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.