Technical Lead - Operability and Modelling (Florence Italy region)
We are looking for an Operability and Modelling Technical Lead to lead the development of the transient model and the definition of the operability strategies of our state-of-the-art electro-thermal grid-scale energy storage system. The Operability and Modelling Technical Lead will report to the Director of Control Systems Engineering. As the technical lead of the Operability and Modelling team, you will utilize your in depth process design skills to help deliver a highly automated power plant that will enable increased levels of renewables presence and utilization in electricity grids globally. You will lead a small group of Process and Model Engineers and coordinate the work with various engineering teams to deliver the operability strategies that will minimize lifecycle cost and maximize system performance of our product plant. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide guidance to the team in performing simulations of a state-of-the-art electrothermal grid scale energy storage system
- Lead the developing of the transient model and optimization of thermodynamic systems
- Coordinate team’s process design deliverables: description of processes/cycles, process narratives, operability requirements for the development of the controls algorithms
- Participating and contributing to design reviews and safety reviews (Hazid, Hazop, FMEA, etc.)
- Coordinate the team with multi-disciplinary team across the Engineering organization for the development of our plant design, from conceptual to detailed.
- Work closely with the Director of Control Systems Engineering to define priorities and development strategies