Accounting and Admin Lead
About the company:
KoBold Metals Zambia Limited is a Zambian-led company exploring for the ore deposits that will become the next generation of new mines in Zambia.
KoBold Metals Zambia is the Zambian affiliate of KoBold Metals, a U.S.-based company exploring around the world for battery metals using proprietary AI to guide exploration decisions. Our business is discovering, defining, expanding, and developing mineral resources, and our objective is to achieve a step-change improvement in exploration success resulting in more tier 1 resources discovered faster, with fewer failures, and with far less exploration capital.
KoBold is privately held and its investors include: institutional asset managers T. Rowe Price and Canada Pension Plan Investments; technology venture capitalists Andreessen Horowitz, Bill Gates’s Breakthrough Energy Ventures, BOND Capital, Standard Investments, and Sam Altman’s Apollo Projects; and leading natural resources companies Equinor, Mitsubishi, and BHP.
KoBold Metals Zambia is building a rapidly growing team of Zambian geologists, operators, and executives to identify, acquire, explore, and develop exploration opportunities and mineral resources drawing upon KoBold’s technology and the expertise of colleagues worldwide.
About the position
In this role, you will be responsible for the accounting and financial oversight of our operations in the Copperbelt. The candidate must be comfortable working independently without direct supervision, as well as working well with multiple team members, both local and abroad.
The Accounting and Admin Lead will:
- Implement and maintain internal control procedures to ensure all disbursements are properly accounted for
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash disbursements.
- Ensure appropriate document control and compliance through filing, composing, and editing documents and reports.
- Proved assistance to management with executing contracts and purchasing goods and services.
- Qualify and onboard vendors with the help of the field exploration team.
- Review invoices for proper documentation.
- Assist human resources with payroll and attendance records.
The Accounting and Admin Lead must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent certification.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting or finance.
- Ability to solve problems effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe, and accounting software.
- Flexibility to accommodate meetings with team members and vendors in other countries.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all people.
This position is a full-time contract role.
At this time, we are only accepting applications from Zambian nationals.
Location: Northern Copperbelt, Zambia. (Candidates should live in or around Chililabombwe or Chingola)
Something looks off?