Director of Finance
About the company:
KoBold Metals Zambia is a Zambian-led company exploring for the ore deposits that will become the next generation of new mines in Zambia.
KoBold Metals Zambia is the Zambian affiliate of KoBold Metals, a U.S.-based company exploring around the world for battery metals using proprietary AI to guide exploration decisions. Our business is discovering, defining, expanding, and developing mineral resources, and our objective is to achieve a step-change improvement in exploration success resulting in more tier 1 resources discovered faster, with fewer failures, and with far less exploration capital.
KoBold is privately held and its investors include: institutional asset managers T. Rowe Price and Canada Pension Plan Investments; technology venture capitalists Andreessen Horowitz, Bill Gates’s Breakthrough Energy Ventures, BOND Capital, Standard Investments, and Sam Altman’s Apollo Projects; and leading natural resources companies Equinor, Mitsubishi, and BHP.
KoBold Metals Zambia is building a rapidly growing team of Zambian geologists, operators, and executives to identify, acquire, explore, and develop exploration opportunities and mineral resources drawing upon KoBold’s technology and the expertise of colleagues worldwide.
We are hiring a Director of Finance to help accelerate our mission.
About the position
In this role, you will support our exploration programs in Zambia by overseeing all financial operations in Zambia including accounting and financial reporting. You will plan the organization’s financial strategy and perform effective risk management for the organization.
The Director of Finance will:
- Oversee financial planning for the organization
- Understand tax law and accounting issues in Zambia
- Perform risk management for the organization
- Be the primary financial liaison between Zambian operations and management of the US parent company
- Oversee and approve budgets for all exploration activities in Zambia
- Manage stakeholder relationships
- Build and manage financial and accounting teams in Zambia
- Review all financial filings and reports
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
The candidate must have:
- At least 15 years of relevant accounting or finance experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting or finance
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- The ability to strategize and solve new problems continuously
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Well versed in financial issues in the mining and mineral exploration industry
- Interest in contributing broadly to the success of the company and eager to pitch in where needed
A great candidate will be:
- Highly self-motivated and autonomous
- Excited about working on a wide range of problems and having a wide scope of responsibility
- Well versed in basic principles of accounting and contracts
- Well-organized and a proactive communicator
- Experienced working in a fast paced, continually changing environment
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all people.
This position is full-time contract
At this time, we are only accepting applications from Zambian nationals
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Something looks off?