About the company:
KoBold Metals Zambia Limited is a Zambian-led company exploring for the ore deposits that will become the next generation of new mines in Zambia.
KoBold Metals Zambia is the Zambian affiliate of KoBold Metals, a U.S.-based company exploring around the world for battery metals using proprietary AI to guide exploration decisions. Our business is discovering, defining, expanding, and developing mineral resources, and our objective is to achieve a step-change improvement in exploration success resulting in more tier 1 resources discovered faster, with fewer failures, and with far less exploration capital.
KoBold is privately held and its investors include: institutional asset managers T. Rowe Price and Canada Pension Plan Investments; technology venture capitalists Andreessen Horowitz, Bill Gates’s Breakthrough Energy Ventures, BOND Capital, Standard Investments, and Sam Altman’s Apollo Projects; and leading natural resources companies Equinor, Mitsubishi, and BHP.
KoBold Metals Zambia is building a rapidly growing team of Zambian geologists, operators, and executives to identify, acquire, explore, and develop exploration opportunities and mineral resources drawing upon KoBold’s technology and the expertise of colleagues worldwide.
We are hiring a Drilling Supervisor to help accelerate our mission.
About the position
In the role of Drilling Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing drilling operations at project sites. You will work closely with our Field Drilling Manager to manage drilling operations, and ultimately manage drilling in their absence. You will conduct drilling without causing harm to our people, our contractors and partners, or the communities and environments where we operate.
Work Location: All KoBold Metals Zambia work sites in Zambia
- Develop cooperative and positive working relationships with Contractor management representatives and drill operators.
- Monitor, review and improve technical applications as required.
- Clearly communicate with KoBold Metals Zambia Limited management, offering swift and effective solutions.
- Promote and participate in the application of new technologies (tools, equipment and fluids).
- Conduct regular technical discussions with project managers to effectively identify and quickly resolve problems.
- Assist and supervise drilling team as partners, including but not limited to
- Clearly communicate KoBold approach and procedures
- Monitor progress and provide adjustments for optimal drilling
- Solve engineering problems that arise during drilling
- Ensure safe operations
- Analyze and design drilling plans according to data and rate of production.
- Analyze, design and monitor drilling progress and prepare internal reports.
- Identify opportunities to improve cost efficiency (e.g., minimizing downtime)
- Coordinate with material suppliers and contractors.
- Adhere to relevant government rules and guidelines for drilling procedures.
- Take care to preserve natural environment
- Keep informed about the latest engineering techniques and software.
- Drilling technical courses or equivalent
- 5+ years experience working on hard rock drilling
- 1+ year as Drilling Supervisor or Drilling Section Leader (5+ years preferred)
- Emergency management planning experience
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling equipment
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all people.
This position is a full-time contract role.
At this time we are only accepting applications from Zambian nationals.
Location: Northern Copperbelt, Zambia (Candidates should live in or around Chililabombwe or Chingola)
Something looks off?