About the company:
KoBold Metals Zambia is a Zambian-led company exploring for the ore deposits that will become the next generation of new mines in Zambia.
KoBold Metals Zambia is the Zambian affiliate of KoBold Metals, a U.S.-based company exploring around the world for battery metals using proprietary AI to guide exploration decisions. Our business is discovering, defining, expanding, and developing mineral resources, and our objective is to achieve a step-change improvement in exploration success resulting in more tier 1 resources discovered faster, with fewer failures, and with far less exploration capital.
KoBold is privately held and its investors include: institutional asset managers T. Rowe Price and Canada Pension Plan Investments; technology venture capitalists Andreessen Horowitz, Bill Gates’s Breakthrough Energy Ventures, BOND Capital, Standard Investments, and Sam Altman’s Apollo Projects; and leading natural resources companies Equinor, Mitsubishi, and BHP.
KoBold Metals Zambia is building a rapidly growing team of Zambian geologists, operators, and executives to identify, acquire, explore, and develop exploration opportunities and mineral resources drawing upon KoBold’s technology and the expertise of colleagues worldwide.
We are hiring a Geotechnical Engineer to help accelerate our mission.
About the position
KoBold Metals Zambia is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Geotechnical Engineer who will be part of our multidisciplinary exploration and resource development team. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and executing geotechnical studies on our properties. Your primary role will be to help develop standard procedures for data collection on drill core, analyze and report on geotechnical data. You will be working with automation tools such as Boxscan and downhole wireline acoustic televiewer data as well as logging drill core, in order to develop machine learning capabilities for geotechnical models.
- All site activities relating to the collection and interpretation of geotechnical data
- Assist with the development of standard operating procedures
- Conduct drill core geotechnical logging including: RQD, recovery, point-load test work and fracture logging to a high standard
- Liaise with company’s external geotechnical and mining engineering consultants
- Make recommendations regarding geotechnical data collection programs
- Communicate geotechnical synthesis with company management
- Work with KoBold data scientists to develop proprietary machine learning geotechnical models using multiple data sources including Boxscan core scanning technology
A great Geotechnical Engineering candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering or similar discipline
- At least 3 years of advanced project experience
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all people.
This position is a full-time contract role.
At this time, we are only accepting applications from Zambian nationals.
Location: Residential 5:2 (i.e., five days on, two days off) based in Northern Copperbelt (i.e., Chingola or Chililabombwe).
Something looks off?