About the company:
KoBold Metals Zambia is a Zambian-led company exploring for the ore deposits that will become the next generation of new mines in Zambia.
KoBold Metals Zambia is the Zambian affiliate of KoBold Metals, a U.S.-based company exploring around the world for battery metals using proprietary AI to guide exploration decisions. Our business is discovering, defining, expanding, and developing mineral resources, and our objective is to achieve a step-change improvement in exploration success resulting in more tier 1 resources discovered faster, with fewer failures, and with far less exploration capital.
KoBold is privately held and its investors include: institutional asset managers T. Rowe Price and Canada Pension Plan Investments; technology venture capitalists Andreessen Horowitz, Bill Gates’s Breakthrough Energy Ventures, BOND Capital, Standard Investments, and Sam Altman’s Apollo Projects; and leading natural resources companies Equinor, Mitsubishi, and BHP.
KoBold Metals Zambia is building a rapidly growing team of Zambian geologists, operators, and executives to identify, acquire, explore, and develop exploration opportunities and mineral resources drawing upon KoBold’s technology and the expertise of colleagues worldwide.
We are hiring a Graduate Geologist to help accelerate our mission.
About the position
KoBold Metals Zambia is looking for highly motivated Graduate Geologists who will be part of our multidisciplinary exploration team. In this role, you will be part of the team responsible for conducting exploration programs on our properties. You will participate in field work, including data collection on drill core, soil sampling, and geophysical surveys. You will analyze these data using our proprietary software tools, and use the insights you generate to help inform real-time exploration decisions in the field. As part of this process, you will work closely with Zambold and KoBold geologists and data scientists, in Zambia and around the world.
The Graduate Geologist will:
- Have a working knowledge of sediment-hosted copper deposits
- Be responsible for geological drill core logging
- Perform a range of geological analyses to generate and refine targets and geologic models resulting from the data collection programs
- Be able to work remotely depending on location of active projects
A great Graduate Geologist candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Geology
- 0-3 years of relevant experience in exploration geology or economic geology
- An strong desire to learn about geologic fundamentals, ore systems, and mineral exploration
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Good computer skills
It is preferred but not required to have:
- Exposure to GIS and 3D modeling software, such as QGIS/ArcGIS, Leapfrog, Python, and/or ioGAS
- Experience with core logging
- A valid driver’s license
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all people.
This position is a full-time contract role.
At this time, we are only accepting applications from Zambian nationals.
Location: Residential 5:2 (i.e., five days on, two days off) based in Northern Copperbelt (i.e., Chingola or Chililabombwe).
Something looks off?