Metro Africa Xpress
We are looking for a reliable and seasoned Operations Manager who will lead our Assets/Fleet Operations at the highest level, in Cameroon while executing new strategies to grow the MAX network in Cameroon. You must be highly analytical, a self-starter, results-oriented and able to thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment. We are also committed to and encourage equal opportunity.
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing the setup of new vehicles and maintenance and repairs of vehicles to ensure maximum operational efficiency and coordinating fleet administrative functions. The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing every element of the Vehicle Operations function including Asset Management, Inventory Management, 3rd Party Relationship building and Management, Data Analytics and Admin Function.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with the global executive team to own and deliver growth targets in Cameroon
- Develop a vision and set the strategic direction of the Fleet Operations Process which aligns with customer needs, business objectives and overall growth.
- Develop Vehicle Operations execution strategies, management, designing and roadmaps.
- Own and drive the whole Vehicle Operations lifecycle from inspection to purchase to repairs and developing cross-functional partnerships for business.
- Ensure that MAX vehicles are equipped with necessary documents, equipment and accessories.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments like Finance, Products, and Operations to drive business growth.
- Pursue a deep understanding of user and customer needs through research and data analysis.
- Build, mentor and manage a VOps team including Asset Ops Leads, and Fleet Management Officers, and nurture a service-oriented team culture.
- Develop metrics and OKRs to reduce productivity downtime and measure success while identifying areas for improvement.
- Stock Management for spare parts and Asset repairs
- Oversee operational improvement across all areas of the company
- Ensure efficient use of company assets across the organization
- Develop and implement standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation to ensure organizational stability
- Oversee compliance activities to ensure adherence to relevant laws and regulations
- Assess risks to the company and ensure appropriate monitoring and mitigation to ensure company survival and growth
- Make objective, data-driven decisions. Define and track the metrics related to Vehicle Operations performance such as; Assets in good working condition, adequate GPS tracking systems, inventory management, Maintenance and asset insurance, amongst others.
- People Engagement and Management.