Executive Assistant to CEO
Mill is all about answering a simple question: how can we prevent waste? Less waste can save time, money, energy, maybe even our planet. And there’s no better place to start than food. Food waste is one of the most solvable climate problems facing us today. Plus, our trash really stinks. It’s gross, heavy, and our least favorite chore. At Mill we are striving to build a better environment for all, as we take on climate and kitchen change.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced, highly-organized, and proactive Executive Assistant (EA) to support our CEO. While core administrative responsibilities are the foundation of this role, the EA is an extension of our CEO – the right hand, the trusted confidant, the strategic thought partner. You are responsible for managing the CEO’s schedule with the utmost rigor, ensuring that their time and energy is spent on the highest priorities to achieve company objectives while balancing personal commitments. You are a beacon of Mill culture, a conduit to the entire Mill leadership team and would work in lock-step with the small, but mighty, EA team. Our CEO also wears a few hats with strategic interest for Mill, as a climate investor and philanthropist. You will help seamlessly integrate his extracurricular work, at times collaborating with his family office. This is an opportunity to have direct and immediate impact across both the business and culture at a fast-growing startup, and in the world of climate change innovation. Plus, you get to work with a trailblazing leader whose passion, energy and humility are core to his leadership.
This role is based in San Bruno, CA and the expectation is to be in the office most days.
What You’ll Do
- Directly manage the CEO’s schedule, ensuring their time is spent most effectively and efficiently on the highest priorities. This includes scheduling meetings, staffing onsite meetings, and seeing around the corner for connections.
- Work closely with CEO’s Personal Assistant to identify and prioritize commitments across Mill, Incite (Family Office) and family.
- Anticipate the needs of executives and provide proactive support to ensure their schedules are optimized.
- Plan and coordinate executive meetings, events, and complex travel arrangements and occasionally travel with the CEO for “on the ground” support.
- Interface externally with a wide variety of stakeholders spanning multiple industries.
- Collaborate internally to ensure effective communication and coordination of schedules and tasks.
- Develop and maintain relationships with executive assistants to board members, ensuring an effective and well-planned out board meeting cadence, management and distribution of materials, and logistics for our board interactions and investor meetings.
- Be present in person at the office, at the home, and/or at events as a reflection and extension of the CEO’s positive presence.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive information.
- At least 7 years of experience in a similar role ideally with a startup CEO or C-level executive.
- Experience supporting executives who require collaboration with a Personal Assistant and/or extended Family Office.
- Strike the right balance between protecting the CEO’s time while also being a generous collaborator.
- Have keen judgment and be able to make decisions on behalf of the CEO and escalate when appropriate.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on precision and timeliness.
- An optimistic problem solver able to navigate complex situations with grace and finesse.
- Thrives in a dynamic, never-a-dull-moment work environment and is able to anticipate the unexpected.
- Passionate about the details without losing sight of the big picture objectives and mission.
- Maintain a good-judgment-required balance between transparency and confidentiality in handling sensitive matters while getting things done.
- Comfortable with collaboration and communication technologies including but not limited to Slack, Google Suite, and Zoom.
The estimated base salary range for this position is $125 to $150k, which does not include the value of benefits or a potential equity grant. A wide range of factors are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets, market conditions, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and business and organizational needs. At Mill, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role.
For your awareness, we have been requiring that all employees and visitors who come into our offices verify that they are fully vaccinated with respect to COVID-19. Of course we are open to discussing accommodations where legally required, such as for medical or religious reasons. If you need to discuss accommodations or better understand this requirement, please let me know. Otherwise, please prepare to provide verification of your vaccination.