Software Quality Assurance Engineer - Guadalajara, Mexico
Mill is all about answering a simple question: how can we prevent waste? Less waste can save time, money, energy, maybe even our planet. And there’s no better place to start than food. Food waste is one of the most solvable climate problems facing us today. Plus, our trash really stinks. It’s gross, heavy, and our least favorite chore. At Mill we are striving to build a better environment for all, as we take on climate and kitchen change.
As a member of Mill’s Software Quality team in a high-energy, fast-paced start-up environment, you will draw on a broad set of technical and problem solving skills to build Mill industries flagship product and service offering. You will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of consumer products, help validate the firmware, software and mobile applications.
You will closely work with our QAEs and SDETs.
- Help with manual test execution and release on a daily basis
- Be familiar with the jira bug system and open and retest issues in FW, Mobile apps
- Perform root cause analysis for the issues found in the field.
- Working directly with the lead QA Engineers to understand the test plan, features and timelines to ensure quality of our product
- B.S. in Computer Science, computer engineering or related field
- At least 5 years experience in Software related testing
- Expertise in an object oriented programming language, like Python
- Familiar with SWQA fundamentals, Test Management tool, Mobile app, and Firmware knowledge
- Some basic experience in testing linux commands, embedded systems and mobile apps
- Worked in a fast-paced environment
The estimated base salary range for this position is $48k to $55k, which does not include the value of benefits or a potential equity grant. A wide range of factors are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets, market conditions, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and business and organizational needs. At Mill, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role.