Scientist/Senior Scientist Analytical Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2022
Nature’s Fynd is a groundbreaking food tech company born out of NASA-supported research on extremophiles in the geothermal pools of Yellowstone National Park. Our novel fermentation technology produces a sustainable source of complete protein using only a fraction of the resources required by traditional agriculture. As the challenge to feed the world’s expanding population grows, our mission is to create amazing foods and materials that provide sustainable choices and nurture the planet.
We’re looking for passionate, driven, and ambitious people to join our fast-growing team.
The successful candidate will provide analytical results to support R&D, manufacturing, product development and quality. The successful candidate will have expertise in analytical tools and instruments as well as data analysis. The candidate will possess knowledge of analytical methods to analyze microbial biomass, fermentation media, food products, and secondary metabolites. The successful candidate will be collaborating cross-functionally with R&D, pilot plant, production, quality, and regulatory.
Previous track-record of successfully developing analytical methods used to develop or test commercial microbial or food products is desirable.
This position will be in Chicago, Illinois at our 2075 W 43rd St location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide research and analytical support to R&D projects as well as cross-functionally
- Supervise and train all laboratory personnel on jobs such as chemical inventory and analysis, instrument and equipment operation, and chemical waste and disposal management
- Create and implement analytical and validation methods, as well as standard operating procedures for the laboratories that enable high efficiency technical support and the development of new products
- Provide analytical support, using newly established methods, to address manufacturing process changes as needed
- Provide research and analytical support for various R&D projects including specification of new products, evaluation of new inputs, and routine laboratory analyses of various production samples
- Create effective designs of experiment and conducting research in methods to support R&D programs, manufacturing process development, quality, and product development
- Work collaboratively in teams settings to develop innovative technology and products you would never achieve on your own
- Provide data-driven insights to solve technical challenges
- Conduct bench-top work, and analyze and summarize results and present scientific
- Provide accurate, clear, and concise reports on R&D activities
- PhD in Chemistry or related field with focus on analytical sciences and 2 or more years of experience
- Masters in chemistry or related field with focus on analytical sciences and 5 or more years of experience
- Background and experience in Biochemistry is a plus
- An innovative mind-set and can-do attitude coupled with an enthusiasm for optimizing production of filamentous fungi and development food products
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and project management skills
- Technical expert in developing analytical methods
- Experience using common analytical laboratory equipment and analytical data analyses
- In-depth technical knowledge and direct experience in wet chemical and instrumental analyses
- Computer skills in data spreadsheet, work processing, and PowerPoint presentation programs
- Hands-on experience with analytical techniques and methodologies: ICP-MS, Elemental (CHNS/O) Analyzer, GC-MS, HPLC, LC-MS, TGA/DSC, FT-IR, UV/Vis Spectrophotometer, optical microscopes and various wet chemical methods
- Experience with laboratory management and industrial product quality control guidelines, such as GLP and cGMP, ISO, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and influence technical direction and strategy
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Participation in Employee Stock Ownership Program
- 100% paid employee benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Generous Parental leave policy
- Opportunity to join a company with an aggressive growth trajectory that will revolutionize multiple industries
- Engaging and dynamic work culture full of innovation and collaboration with your fellow Fynders
Commitment To Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, And Belonging:
- Nature’s Fynd views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law