Strategic Finance Lead
Opportunities in Stealth Portfolio Companies
About The Company
The Company's mission is to fight climate change by building the most scalable, permanent carbon dioxide removal solution on the planet. The Company's technology enables us to remove CO2 from the atmosphere and store it for at least 1,000 years. The IPCC and other leading authorities agree that carbon dioxide removal will be needed in volumes greater than 5 billion tons per year by 2050. Most potential solutions are either too expensive or face technical challenges preventing them from growing fast enough. At the Company, we have developed a permanent, cost-effective carbon removal solution that will scale when we need it.
The Company is an early-stage startup funded by a leading venture firm focused on climate change. We are seeking smart, mission-driven individuals to join us on the ground floor. Each team member will play an essential role in shaping the company.
Strategic Finance Lead
We are seeking an experienced, high judgment Strategic Finance Lead to join our team as the company’s first finance hire. The ideal candidate will possess proven expertise in financial modeling and analysis as well as strong vision and entrepreneurial spirit. The Strategic Finance Lead will play a critical role in shaping the overall strategic direction of the company, fundraising, identifying new opportunities, supporting key decision-making processes, and driving important initiatives.
- Lead business planning efforts with respect to go-to-market strategies.
- Conduct research and analysis on market trends, competitors, and industry dynamics to identify strategic opportunities and risks.
- Identify and assess potential business partnerships, including go-to-market deal structures
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of strategic initiatives, providing regular reports and recommendations.
- Prepare comprehensive presentations and written reports for internal and external audiences.
- Prepare business plans for the enterprise or new business initiatives.
- Develop and maintain financial models, forecasting tools, and scenario analyses to evaluate business performance and potential outcomes.
- Prepare comprehensive financial analyses, insights from financial statements (FP&A), budgets, and forecasts.
- Present financial analyses, highlighting key findings and recommendations to the leadership team / BOD.
- Assess financial risks and opportunities, and provide recommendations.
- Develop and refine key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics for measuring success.
- Be a critical thought partner to the organization on all financial matters.
STRATEGIC FINANCE LEAD – Desired Attributes
- Highly driven with a focus on long-term success of the mission above all else. Bias for action, with demonstrated willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- A Master's degree in business or a quantitative discipline, or a professional certification (e.g., CFA) is a plus.
- Proven work experience as a strategic analyst, financial analyst, strategy consultant, or similar role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in financial modeling, data analysis, and advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on efficient decision-making and rapid action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to present complex information clearly and concisely.
- Solid organizational and time management skills, able to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Able to thrive in fast-moving environment.
Location: Remote, with ability to travel (as necessary)
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.