Content Marketing Specialist (Remote)
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
**Please include with your application a link to 3-4 existing writing/creative samples for enterprise companies, including blog/article, a report/long form piece, social media and client assets with a short description of each piece and your role in it.**
Pachama is looking for a Content Marketer to help tell the story of the next era of nature restoration. You will be focused on setting, implementing and measuring the content strategy spanning Pachama’s owned and shared channels, with a focus on educating large enterprises on the value of restoring nature and the new tools that will help them along the way.
The ideal candidate is an excellent writer with a creative eye who is able to rapidly absorb and distill technical content. This individual has demonstrated an interest in climate solutions and has a track record of success in dynamic, startup environments.
This role is fully remote, located within 3 hours of EST time zone.
Who We Are:
Pachama is a technology company on a mission to restore nature to solve climate change. Harnessing the latest advancements in satellite imagery, remote sensing, and artificial intelligence, Pachama evaluates the carbon stored in our forests and monitors forest growth over time. Pachama has two distinct pathways to help brands meet their climate targets today and create long-term strategies for the future. With Pachama Verified projects, companies can invest in existing high-quality forest conservation and restoration projects vetted by Pachama’s rigorous evaluation process. Through Pachama Originals, companies can start projects from the ground up, making catalytic investments in the next generation of tech-enabled forest carbon projects.
What You Will Help Us With:
- Develop and manage Pachama’s editorial strategy, calendar and guidelines
- Produce high-quality articles, newsletters, white papers, blogs, case studies, presentation content, speeches, survey reports and web copy
- Work closely with Pachama’s forest scientists and product team to tell the inspiring, data-rich stories of our projects across video, blogs, product and sales assets
- Manage Pachama’s newsletter and social channels, including community engagement with a highly technical audience
- Work closely with internal subject matter experts, the marketing team, and external partners to educate companies on the importance of nature, the value of carbon markets, and technology’s role in bringing quality, transparency and scale
- Develop and institute content creation best practices through frequent testing of new content formats and distribution channels
- Manage creative freelancers including designers, videographers, writers, and other agencies
- Act as a steward of the Pachama brand, creating stories that inspire and invite customers to echo and amplify our narrative
Experience & Skills We're Looking For:
- Exceptional writer and storyteller
- 3+ years of experience in marketing in a high-growth technology organization
- Experience crafting thought leadership spanning articles, speaking abstracts, and sales enablement tools
- 2+ years of experience managing enterprise social media accounts
- Some experience using Adobe Suite and Figma
- Able to navigate internal organizations and align stakeholders on a shared message
- Able to quickly digest and simplify technical content, specifically on remote sensing, forest science and carbon accounting
- Passion for our mission to restore nature and solve climate change
- Spanish and/or Portuguese speaker preferable
Even if you don’t meet all these requirements, we encourage you to apply if this job description excites you. We are looking for ambitious people to help make an impact on climate change. That purpose requires us to bring together a diverse set of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to create solutions that work for all.