About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our products harness the power of naturally occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops and new sustainable ways for farmers to reduce the usage of synthetic fertilizers as they work to help feed the world’s growing population.
Position: Fermenter Operator
Location: Hayward, California
We are looking for a candidate who thrives in a pilot plant setting and scaling-up with focus on hands-on bench scale operations of fermentation systems and associated downstream biomass recovery processes. If this is you, you will enjoy the satisfaction of being a crucial member of a growing team innovating the most cutting-edge products in Ag Biologicals.
- Working safely and following safe work practices.
- Hands on preparation, execution and turn-around of bench-scale fermentation assets, as part of Scale-up of prototype formulations from bench to pilot fermenter scales.
- Developing batch records, collecting, analyzing and reporting data and results.
- Team member in Process Development, contributing to pilot plant operations as required Microbiological analysis of process streams for quality assurance.
- Estimated 75% of time in laboratory or greenhouse setting / 25% of time in office setting
- Able to occasionally lift 50 pounds with assistance and 5-20lbs routinely
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing for prolonged periods
- Very Frequent - Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Operating machinery and/or power tools
- Must be able to work in high temperature and humidity environments (greenhouse)
- Must be able to work in noisy environments
Qualifications and Experience
- Associates degree with 10+ years pilot plant operations experience in a CRO/CMO environment.
- Demonstrated ability with fermentation and DSP processes
- Demonstrable safe working practices
- Must have mechanical aptitude, and ability to manipulate heavy equipment pieces safely in place.
- Experienced with laboratory information management systems.
- Experienced with equipment acquisition and validation.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively perform tasks as directed by supervisor or according to an SOP
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills including data capture and entry. Must be proficient with M.S. or similar
- Must be able to work on weekends or early shifts (6-8am) occasionally
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team
*Internal employees, please apply by clicking on the Internal Job Board icon on NSIDER