Principal Information Security Automation Engineer
Software Engineering, IT
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
QuantumScape is on a mission to transform energy storage with solid-state lithium-metal battery technology. The company’s next-generation batteries are designed to enable longer range, faster charging and enhanced safety in electric vehicles to support the transition away from legacy energy sources toward a lower carbon future.
QuantumScape is seeking a knowledgeable, experienced, and collaborative teammate with experience in on-premise, cloud, and hybrid deployments to secure a robust computing infrastructure in a fast-paced startup environment. The ideal candidate is excited to expand infrastructure securely, promote security initiatives, and think quickly as the company grows at a rapid pace.
Desired candidate has a passion for automation. You will help us automate a variety of security activities, including resolution of security alerts by developing scripts/playbooks as necessary, and also help with triage and investigation security alerts. In addition, you will help us achieve a state of continuous automated compliance with security standards.
You seek learning opportunities and continually educate yourself to stay up-to-speed on the latest developments in the fast-moving industry of cybersecurity. You have strong communication skills (both verbal and written), and experience in building secure manufacturing facilities is a plus.
As a public company with unique IP in an emerging area of geopolitical strategic importance, we take the security threats very seriously. Simultaneously, security must be balanced with workability in a nimble, innovative, and fast-paced environment.
· Automate implementing and deploying security services capable of identifying and triaging security threats and vulnerabilities
· Write and iterate PowerBI reports and develop scripts to automate security activities
· Analyzes a variety of network and host-based security alerts and logs
· Administers, monitors and troubleshoots EDR activities by writing software for analysis and automation
· Assists with security-related software and firmware (e.g., endpoint, vulnerability scanners, firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS) to maintain security and service continuity
· Assist with the resolution of security-related infrastructure
Participate in security incident response through in-depth, technical (log, forensic, malware, packet) analysis.
· Perform security alert detection and analysis capabilities across multiple technologies to ensure that security incidents are identified in a timely manner
· Escalate and support potential security incidents in line with appropriate processes
· Support communications of potential security incidents via multiple channel
· Participate in the response to potential security incidents by identifying and communicating relevant supplementary information
Minimum Requirements / Experience
· BS Computer Science or similar degree with 10+ years of experience; MS and 8+ years of experience.
· At least two years of security engineering experience including some past security automation experience is essential.
· Strong coding experience in at least one programming or scripting language in one environment with familiarity with others. PowerShell, Python, C, and SQL experience is a plus.
· Experience with the Microsoft Office365 and Azure stack is a big plus; Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
See more open positions at QuantumScape
Something looks off?