Materials Characterization Intern
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
QuantumScape is on a mission to transform energy storage with solid-state lithium-metal battery technology. The company’s next-generation batteries are designed to enable longer range, faster charging and enhanced safety in electric vehicles to support the transition away from legacy energy sources toward a lower carbon future.
We are seeking a highly-motivated intern to support our Cell Development team. You will support the workflow of materials development, from materials preparation, material properties characterization, process development to data report and communication of results.
What you will do
• Implement materials mixing and preparation based on discussion and agreement with team members.
• Perform series materials characterizations based on various of tools -Rheometer, viscometers, mechanical testers, chemical compatibility assessment, etc.
• Communicate results in timely manner with high quality reports.
• Support the team to develop production process based on the materials qualified.
• Students who are pursuing advanced education degrees (Master and Doctoral students) with major in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
• Experience with various materials characterization tools.
• Experience with scientific data acquisition and analysis.
• Strong communication and teamwork skills.
• Responsible dedication to workplace safety in a manufacturing and R&D setting.
• Candidates with records of publication (publication in peer-reviewed journals and/or presented at conferences) will be considered preferably.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.