Cathode R&D Technician
About Redwood Materials
Cathode R&D Lab Technician
Redwood is looking for a Cathode R&D Lab Technician with broad experience in R&D laboratory operations and tasks. The key objective for this role is carrying out chemical synthesis and characterization in our Cathode Laboratory team in a responsible, safe, and pragmatic manner while maximizing time and cost effectiveness. The role will initially be day shift to enable training before transitioning to night shift to enable 24/7 operation of the lab. Successful candidates for this role will have strong initiative, excellent organizational skills, and exceptional team skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work in an R&D laboratory setting in a safe, sustainable, and cooperative manner
- Carry out synthesis and process monitoring in corporation with cathode scientists
- Record, interpret, and report results clearly and concisely
- Maintain experimental databases
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- Work with the Cathode Laboratory team to comply with all Ecology, Health, and Safety as well as all regulatory requirements
- Help maintain laboratory facilities and associated resources in cooperation with company facilities teams
- Ability to work on night shift
- Experience in R&D laboratory settings.
- Experience in typical laboratory practices including waste handling, safe work practices, data management, and experimental setup and execution.
- Experience with relevant test methods such as ICP-OES, auto-titration, BET Surface Area, XRD, Particle Size Analysis, FT-IR Spectroscopy, Raman Spectroscopy, X-Ray Fluorescence, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with ISO9001, ISO17025, IATF16949, or other quality related protocols.
- Adept with data acquisition and analysis tools include Laboratory Information Management Systems.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to execute with a calm and collaborative urgency.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.