About Redwood Materials
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive benefits package starting Day 1 including medical, dental, and vision insurance with premiums paid 75% by Redwood Materials
- Accrue two different types of PTO averaging 3 weeks per year including vacation time and paid leave
- 401k available
- Company sponsored life insurance, short term, and long-term disability
- 3 to 4 day weekends
- Competitive pay rates of $25-40 dependent on experience
- Immediate full-time opportunities
- Access to career growth and potential leadership opportunities across our organization
- Opportunity to be part of a mission driven company that is working to have a major impact on the recycling industry
Chemical Operator Role
Redwood Materials is seeking a Chemical Operator to join our facility located east of Reno, NV. This facility will house multiple units that will help Redwood close the loop on battery manufacturing. As an industry leader in recycling and sustainability, Redwood is quickly expanding to serve the needs of the market and is looking for motivated team members.
The Storey County facility is a high-tech chemical plant with multiple processes and a variety of equipment types. The chemical operator works in a team effort to operate, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot all plant processes. Responsibility of all plant systems lies with the technician while on shift. In-process analyses may be required to ensure operations are within acceptable parameters. In process analytical and instrumentation provide the technician with information needed to evaluate the need for process adjustments to maintain a high quality finished good. Chemical Operators at the Storey County facility will own the equipment and will be the most important resource to ensure a safe working environment for all stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Remedy unsafe conditions when found, e.g., tripping hazards and spills and report conditions where immediate action cannot be accomplished.
- Day to day operations of a continuously running production line, including sampling, forklift driving and performing actions on Ignition and other HMIs.
- Work in a team environment to start-up, shutdown, monitor, inspect, operate, and adjust plant equipment while meeting customer expectations.
- Analyze trends in various plant parameters such as temperature, pressure, pH, flow to respond appropriately to process deviations with the goal to maintain product specifications and safe conditions
- Operate production equipment including, but not limited to, holding tanks, centrifugal pumps, leaf filters, heat exchangers, electrodeposition machines, metering pumps, wastewater treatment systems, utility manifolds, centrifuges, filter presses, kilns, bulk material conveyance, evaporators, crystallizers, and logistical equipment.
- Perform routine product samples to submit for analysis and verify results are within expected parameters.
- Work with Engineering and Manufacturing teams to ensure instructions are executed and communicated effectively across shifts.
- Working knowledge of chemical plant operations and related equipment (6 months of experience desired)
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Skilled navigation of complicated HMI’s to troubleshoot and operate equipment
- Knowledgeable in hazardous materials, i.e. Hazwoper trained or the ability to obtain certification
- Ability to perform the necessary physical tasks associated with the position including e.g., bending, lifting, twisting climbing, standing, and walking (multiple level building)
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
A (Sun - Tues and every other Wed) 6am to 6pm
B (Sun - Tues and every other Wed) 6pm to 6am [This shift includes a 10% shift differential]
C (Thurs - Sat and every other Wed) 6am to 6pm
D (Thurs - Sat and every other Wed) 6pm to 6am [This shift includes a 15% shift differential]
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.