About Redwood Materials
We are currently seeking a Construction Manager to join our Engineering, Procurement, & Construction (EPC) team. These EPC roles are at the center of our activities focused on creating a sustainable circular economy for lithium-ion batteries by transforming recycled materials into battery materials for new lithium-ion battery production.
The Construction Manager will work closely with members of the project management, infrastructure engineering, project controls and procurement departments from preconstruction through completion and start of production. The Construction Manager will manage all on-site construction including scheduling of trade contractors, utility, structure, and vendor tool installations, resolving day to day construction issues, performing day to day inspections to ensure compliance with plans and specifications while tracking project schedule and budget. The Construction Manager will also be responsible for coordinating RFP’s, billing, permanent equipment/materials, construction equipment, and other construction activities to meet or exceed construction schedule deadlines. On a larger project, the Construction Manager will manage a team of Superintendents and Construction Engineers that are assigned to specific construction scopes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manages all aspects of the project, including construction, budget and cash management for a single assigned project to ensure compliance with the project contract and design needs.
- Develops and manages the project schedule, pay estimates, project procedures, staffing requirements, and equipment resources needed to complete accurate and timely project production.
- Assesses initial project contract and supporting documents for completeness. Works with designers and subcontractors to resolve specification, contract conflict and scheduling issues.
- Oversees construction engineering and scheduling teams to identify and negotiate any proposed change orders, engaging company leadership for support as needed.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Maintains working relationships with different Redwood infrastructure, process, facility, and design teams to support the project work plan and payment schedule.
- Operates as main point of contact for all third-party stakeholders, including landowners, adjacent projects and government agencies that need to be engaged during the project.
- Reviews and approves all internal and external media news releases regarding the project.
- Ensures project safety reviews and procedures are followed by conducting weekly safety checks and engaging in safety meetings and monthly review meetings with EHS safety support. Supports the safety programs of the project and Redwood.
- Reviews and approves staffing and equipment needs for efficient and effective project production.
- Participates in dispute resolution process with support from Redwood leadership.
- Provides input on equipment procurement methods and contracts to ensure efficient and effective project production.
- Leads project closeout procedures, finalizing contract paperwork, and working with management to resolve any disputes. Leads project debrief cycle to review all aspects of project work and completion.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- 10+ years’ experience in construction project management required.
- 5+ years’ experience in managing personnel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field a plus.
- Experience managing a team of superintendents and construction engineers
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong interpersonal skills developed to engage and retain positive working relationships.
- Strong developed skill to identify, track and manage project risk.
- Developing ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple departments and direct reports to retain focus on one project completion goal and timeline.
- Ability to identify growth opportunities for project personnel and developed to coach and mentor project personnel.
- Developing ability to delegate task driven responsibilities to project personnel.
- Advanced knowledge of Procore and MS Office, including advanced skill working in Excel.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 or other scheduling software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or request for changes/claims from subcontractors, management, co-workers, or regulatory agencies.
- Ability to effectively present information to executive management and/or public groups.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and write an extensive variety of technical instructions furnished in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.