About Redwood Materials
Redwood Materials is looking for a Fabricator to support the Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering teams with the development, fabrication, and installation of prototype and custom equipment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
- Measuring and marking layouts, including making custom templates.
- Fabricate and assemble new equipment from prototypes to production.
- Support installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Setting up and using metalwork machinery including rollers, drill presses, saws, brakes, and shears.
- Assist with operation of equipment for engineering trials and handovers.
- Support manufacturing improvement projects.
- Design and fabricate tooling and fixtures from various metals.
- Working directly with design engineers to turn ideas into working prototypes.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a background in industrial equipment/processes.
- Solid understanding of metal fabrication best practices.
- Hands-on and detailed oriented approach to problem solving.
- Metal fabrication and machine shop experience.
- Good computer skills; MS Office, etc.
- Proficient with the use of forklifts and other PIT equipment.
- Welding experience (MIG/TIG) with mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum alloys.
- Ability to lift and manipulate large metal objects.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.