About Redwood Materials
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our accounting team. In this position, you will assess business expenses, assist in preparing optimized budget plans, and analyze complex financial records and reports. You will also oversee accounting operations, including the regulation and authentication of financial transactions, in addition to maintaining a ledger to ensure effectiveness and accuracy of all accounting tasks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing financial reports and recommendations for management and operational areas.
- Documenting policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility with a focus on internal controls.
- Researching complex transactions.
- Reviewing budget to actual for costing and project systems activities.
- Assisting with the external audit process.
- Maintenance of data in our enterprise accounting system, including monitoring and updating available capital funding.
- Preparing journal entries and complex calculations.
- Meeting all financial reporting deadlines.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Advising department heads and managers on accounting policies; interpreting and applying policies to various functions.
- Financial statement analysis.
- Performing monthly, quarterly and year end closing, including accrual entries and financial statement preparation.
- 1+ years' experience in accounting, particularly within a large public company.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Preferred Fields of Study: Accounting, Finance, Information Systems
- Experience in manufacturing
- Strong with data analysis, visualization and reporting tools.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Preferred: Certified Public Accountant
- Experience with Oracle and/or SAP
- Comfortable rolling-up sleeves and work with team members hands-on
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.