Analytical Laboratory Supervisor (Nights)
About Redwood Materials
Analytical Laboratory Supervisor
Redwood Materials is seeking a Analytical Laboratory Supervisor with broad experience in laboratory leadership and expansion. A key objective for this role will be to provide overall vision and leadership for the staffing, equipping, method adherence, document development, and operation of various material analysis laboratories across Redwood Materials sites. As an industry leader in recycling and sustainability, Redwood is quickly expanding to serve the needs of the market and is looking for motivated team members to help cement the company as an industry leader.
Night shift B Sunday-Tuesday and rotating Wednesday 10PM-10AM or 12PM-12AM.
Day shift C Thursday-Saturday, every other Wednesday 10AM-10PM or 12AM-12PM.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversees daily operations for lab testing and data analysis to ensure quality and quantity of output meets department expectations and aligns with business needs.
- Coordinates and monitors standards for lab safety, policies, procedures, and productivity.
- Provides coaching and performance feedback to lab technicians, ensuring a high-performing team that meets and exceeds performance expectations.
- Compiles and organizes testing results for release of finished product and reviews for completeness and accuracy.
- Identifies and resolves technical issues through root cause analysis.
- Maintains strong technical skills for area of oversight.
- Facilitate the implementation of a training program for new hires and current employees to ensure compliance is achieved for all training policies and requirements.
- Lead development of lab space for all sites including equipment selection, procurement, installation, and validation.
- Identify and deploy Laboratory equipment and ensure all equipment is maintained and calibrated.
- Maintain staffing plans to achieve Redwood technical and operational objectives.
- Establish Lab KPIs; Lead and support teams activities to meet KPI and lab objectives.
- Drive continuous improvement and lead 5s activities for all inspections and calibration areas.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sciences.
- Experience in startup environments.
- Experience building and leading multi-site Analytical Laboratories.
- LIMS (laboratory information management system) experience.
- Experience with relevant test methods including, but not limited to, HPLC, CVS, ICP-OES, and auto-titration.
- Knowledge of and experience with ISO9001, ISO17025, IATF16949.
- Adept with process data acquisition and analysis tools including Laboratory Information Management Systems.
- Collaborates and works with others in an open and honest way that promotes trust and respect.
- Holds self and others accountable to established standards and objectives.
- Excellent communication skills and positive conflict management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong analytical ability, and high attention to detail.
- Ability to execute with a calm and collaborative urgency.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.