Plant and Construction Accounting Manager
About Redwood Materials
Plant & Construction Accounting Manager
We are looking for someone to partner closely with the business to track the budget to actual spend on our significant capital equipment projects at our Battery Materials Campus in Sparks, NV. This role will bridge business operations and finance; ensuring key business activity is reflected accurately and timely in our financial systems. We’re looking for a curious self-starter who has great attention to detail, a passion for excellence and is excited to work with cross-function partners.
Responsibilities will include:
- Obtain a deep understanding of project and workflows (as they relate and touch finance) and proactively influence policy and process change.
- Liaise with your finance partners in Accounting and FP&A to ensure clear understanding of project budget, spend to date, expected overruns and changes.
- Work closely with project managers to track when equipment for projects arrives and is installed. Ensure information is updated timely and accurately in Oracle and other finance databases.
- Assist in creating and modifying purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Assist with understanding when CIP (construction in process) is being moved to “in use” and assist with formulating procedures and policies to aid in effectiveness and efficiency.
- Forge strong relationships with Procurement, Project Managers and Engineers to understand the business and apply that knowledge to enhance financial reporting.
- Be a knowledge expert and best-practices guru in our PR to PO to Invoice process. Ensure appropriate 3-way match or other accounting best practices are operational.
- 3 to 7 years of corporate experience, preferably working in a construction or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated excellence and experience working cross functionally and solving problems
- ERP experience, preferably with Oracle and/or SAP
- Accounting experience, particularly working on the Procure to Pay cycle; Purchase requisition to PO to Invoice
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Proactive, intellectually curious, and a creative thinker; strong problem solving skills
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.