About Redwood Materials
About Redwood Materials
Redwood Materials was founded in 2017 to create a circular supply chain for electric vehicles and clean energy products, making them more sustainable and driving down the cost for batteries. We’re doing this by developing and deploying new technologies to increase the scope and scale of recycled and sustainable materials in the global battery supply chain.
We are seeking an experienced, strategic Payroll Manager to join our growing team. We're looking for a leader to oversee multi-state payroll operations while tackling process improvements, driving new initiatives and managing our equity and expense systems. Our office is located in Carson City, NV and the role is hybrid (2-3 days per week in office).
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the end-to-end payroll process.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to develop streamlined payroll solutions and functionality.
- Support month-end close through the preparation of payroll-related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Manage accounting for share-based compensation.
- Handle our time and expense system (Concur).
- Prepare data reconciliations and reports when needed.
- Assist with the external audit process and payroll processing, as needed.
- System administration.
- Direct experience managing multi-state payroll for an organization of 800+ employees.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant and progressive payroll experience.
- Direct experience working with payroll and affiliated financial statement line items preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll accounting, taxation, and finance concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, and/or Accounting or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- Experience in the manufacturing or related industry.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge in UKG or similar payroll software and respective ERP systems (Concur, Workday, Oracle).
- Proficiency in various software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel).
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.