Chemical Operator, Calcination
About Redwood Materials
Chemical Operator Role
Redwood Materials is seeking a Chemical Operator to join our facility located east of Reno, NV. This facility will house multiple units that will help Redwood close the loop on battery manufacturing. As an industry leader in recycling and sustainability, Redwood is quickly expanding to serve the needs of the market and is looking for motivated team members.
The facility is a high-tech chemical plant with multiple processes and a variety of equipment types. The chemical operator works in a team effort to operate, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot all plant processes. Responsibility of all plant systems lies with the technician while on shift. In-process analyses may be required to ensure operations are within acceptable parameters. In process analytical and instrumentation provide the technician with information needed to evaluate the need for process adjustments to maintain a high quality finished good. Chemical Operators will own the equipment and will be the most important resource to ensure a safe working environment for all stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Remedy unsafe conditions when found, e.g., tripping hazards and spills and report conditions where immediate action cannot be accomplished.
- Day to day operations of a continuously running production line, including gas and liquid sampling, forklift driving and performing actions on Ignition and other HMIs.
- Work in a team environment to start-up, shutdown, monitor, inspect, operate, and adjust plant equipment while meeting customer expectations.
- Analyze trends in various plant parameters such as temperature, pressure, pH, gas analyses, flow to respond appropriately to process deviations with the goal to maintain product specifications and safe conditions
- Operate production equipment including, but not limited to, holding tanks, centrifugal pumps, leaf filters, heat exchangers, electrodeposition machines, metering pumps, wastewater treatment systems, utility manifolds, centrifuges, filter presses, kilns, bulk material conveyance, hot transfer conveyors, hot transfer ducts, thermal oxidizer vessels, wet scrubbers, bag filters, gas exhaust stacks, rotating devices, evaporators, crystallizers, and logistical equipment.
- Perform routine product and byproducts samples to submit for analysis and verify results are within expected parameters.
- Work with Engineering, production, and maintenance teams to ensure instructions are executed and communicated effectively across shifts.
- Working knowledge of chemicals, oxidation, calcination, roasting, hydrometallurgical, pyrometallurgical plant operations and related equipment (6 months of experience desired)
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Skilled navigation of complicated HMI’s to troubleshoot and operate equipment
- Knowledgeable in hazardous materials, i.e. Hazwoper trained or the ability to obtain certification
- Ability to perform the necessary physical tasks associated with the position including e.g., bending, lifting, twisting climbing, standing, wearing PPE, PAPR, extreme climate change and walking (multiple-level building)
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.