Senior Controls Engineer
About Redwood Materials
SCADA/MES Controls Engineer (Ignition)
The SCADA/MES Controls Engineer’s primary responsibility is to design, implement and maintain the SCADA/MES Systems at Redwood Materials.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and execution of all sizes of strategic projects in line with Redwood’s overall manufacturing strategies.
- Provide extensive subject matter knowledge and experience with hardware and software development adhering to ISA112 and ISA95, Industry 4.0, and IIoT.
- Administer and maintain the Level 2 and 3 layers in the automation pyramid to support the manufacturing enterprise system.
- Work closely with IT and the Controls Engineers for network architecture design and implementation.
- Partner with cross functional teams to discover business needs to drive requirements for MES projects.
- Author and maintain detailed design documents, system architecture diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- Work hand in hand with the ERP Software Engineer to seamlessly integrate MES with ERP.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and training to the Controls Engineers.
- Administer and maintain databases and servers associated with Automation systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ hands-on experience working in an automated manufacturing environment.
- Proficient working with Inductive Automation’s Ignition, Sepasoft MES Suite, SQL Databases, Linux and Windows Servers, OT Networks, and Industrial Switches.
- Proficient with python and SQL languages.
- Full understanding of Level 1 Automation equipment such as PLC’s, Robot controllers, HMI’s and plant level networking systems.
- Strong knowledge of industrial communication protocols and fieldbuses.
- Strong with network troubleshooting and capable of terminating CAT6 connections.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.