Senior Counsel, Environmental Law
About Redwood Materials
This position will report to the General Counsel and will be a key part of the Legal Team, having the ability to influence and work on exciting legal and compliance issues.
- Advise the business on environmental law and permitting requirements in the US and internationally, including with respect to EHS requirements for recycling, manufacturing, transportation and sale of battery materials
- Partner closely with the Company's EHS Team and other cross-functional teams to identify, and implement environmental compliance and safety programs
- Drafting and implementing policies and procedures for environmental compliance and health and safety, and providing trainings to employees and vendors on such policies
- Overseeing and ensuring compliance with EHS and permitting regulatory requirements and any procedures required by Company's customers, lenders, and other partners
- Assisting with state and federal permit and license applications for Company's business activities, including with respect to environmental, transportation, export/import, and EHS aspects of construction and real estate regulations
- Assisting with internal and external investigations, inquiries, and potential disputes
- Assisting with other matters as may be necessary from time to time.
- JD degree and membership in at least one state bar is preferred
- 8+ years of experience practicing law and/or risk and compliance, in-house experience required
- Senior leadership experience in an in-house compliance function, ideally for an energy, automotive or technology company
- Experience with applying and maintaining compliance with Federal, State and local permits and licenses in different regulatory areas (e.g. environmental, real estate, transportation) is required
- Understanding of Federal and State environmental regulations, including with respect to treatment of hazardous materials is strongly preferred, experience with EPA, NEPA and DOT requirements
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and leadership skills
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time based in Reno or Carson City.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.