Construction Project Engineer
About Redwood Materials
Construction Project Engineer
Redwood Materials is currently seeking a Construction Project Engineer to join our Engineering, Procurement, & Construction (EPC) team. These EPC roles are at the center of our activities focused on creating a sustainable circular economy for lithium-ion batteries by transforming recycled materials into battery materials for new lithium-ion battery production.
The Project Engineer will work directly with the Construction Manager and Superintendents. The role also works closely with members of the project management, infrastructure engineering, project controls and procurement departments from preconstruction through completion and start of production. The Project Engineer will manage all specific scopes of construction. This management includes scheduling of trade contractors, utility, structure, and vendor tool installations, resolving day to day construction issues, performing day to day inspections to ensure compliance with plans and specifications while tracking project schedule and budget. The Project Engineer role also manages the RFI’s, Submittals, procurement/RFP’s, and schedule of the scopes that the Project Engineer is assigned. This role requires complete ownership of the construction scopes that the role is assigned.
Responsibilities will include:
- Meets daily with project subcontractors/crews to review production schedule and confirm all materials, equipment and resources are readily available for production to continue on schedule and within budget.
- Collects, coordinates and analyzes shop drawings, design specifications, material requirements and project data through the duration of the project to ensure quality and contract specification compliance.
- Provides technical input for project work plan and scheduling. Identifying risk elements of production, materials, equipment or process that could negatively impact the budget or schedule.
- Evaluates daily production, schedule and budget projections to accurately track project performance. Documents daily activities in Company approved methods and technologies.
- Notifies team members and manager of any significant schedule changes and recommends solutions for management consideration.
- Manages the RFI’s, Submittals, procurement and schedule of the scopes assigned.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Remits accurate project quantity input and controls using assigned project cost coding to ensure project financials are accurately reported. Manages cost coding with Company finance and accounting teams regarding employee time, materials, equipment and subcontractor needs.
- Reviews and approves daily timecards for all Company construction crews. Works with Office Manager, payroll and job construction supervisors to resolve timecard inquiries, as needed.
- Reviews project specifications for quality assurance at the beginning of work, during the project work and after work completes. Initiates and manages appropriate certificates, inspections and other documentation regarding construction production on the project site.
- Works with construction crews and engineering leaders to plan field layout on the project site, ensuring appropriate utility and commercial lines are marked before production begins. Initiates and manages any permits needed before work can begin.
- Conducts required Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) to ensure a safe and compliance work environment for all construction personnel. Attends weekly safety meetings with field team and project leadership; presents field analysis as needed.
- Assists the estimating team with project schedules and provides technical input as needed.
- Assists the development of design drawings and provides technical input, as needed.
- Coordinates subcontractor work methods, schedule and crews as needed.
- Reconciles job close-out checklist with designers and subcontractors at the end of the project.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
- 2+ years of construction engineering, scheduling or design experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge of cost coding, cost savings, budget and other project related financial implications required.
- Intermediate knowledge of scheduling processes and industry best practices.
- Intermediate interpersonal relationship skills, building new positive relationships towards a common goal.
- Knowledge of construction equipment & techniques, drawing & specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to the project.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Skill in verbal and written communication needed.
- Proven self-starter and self-motivated to learn and grow knowledge.
- Knowledge of construction scheduling and production time management preferred.
- Construction engineering experience or knowledge required.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.