Equipment & Materials Specialist
About Redwood Materials
Equipment & Materials Specialist
Redwood Materials is currently seeking an Equipment & Materials Specialist to join our Engineering, Procurement, & Construction (EPC) team. These EPC roles are at the center of our activities focused on creating a sustainable circular economy for lithium-ion batteries by transforming recycled materials into battery materials for new lithium-ion battery production.
The Equipment & Materials Specialist will work closely with members of the project management, infrastructure engineering, project controls and procurement departments from installation through start of production. The tole will help coordinate material deliveries to construction sites, campus storage, and offsite storage. These material handling scopes will be in conjunction with the ongoing facility construction projects and overall buildout of the Redwood campus. This role will work directly with procurement, design engineers, construction managers, construction superintendents among others to provide the logistics and handling needed to deliver the equipment and material required for a project to meet the project schedule. The day-to-day responsibilities include rigging and logistical coordination as needed with trucking, cranes, forklifts, or any other equipment to provide the material/equipment needed for the campus projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for logistics of all Redwood project materials and equipment are readily available for construction scopes.
- Coordinates material and equipment deliveries and transfers to Redwood project teams and Redwood subcontractors.
- Evaluates daily schedules and schedule projections to accurately track project needs for equipment and material delivery.
- Responsible for utilizing Redwood’s logistic and procurement systems and technologies.
- Responsible for safely coordinating equipment rigging, picks, and loading/unloading.
- Conducts required Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) to ensure a safe and compliance work environment for all construction personnel. Attends weekly safety meetings with field team and project leadership; presents field analysis as needed.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Assists the estimating team with project schedules and provides technical input as needed.
- Assists the development of design drawings and provides technical input, as needed.
- Coordinates subcontractor work methods, schedule and crews as needed.
- Reconciles job close-out checklist with designers and subcontractors at the end of the project.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
- 2+ years of construction engineering, scheduling or design experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge of transportation and equipment loading/unloading logistics required.
- Intermediate knowledge of best practices for rigging, loading, equipment pick points, and safety required.
- Intermediate knowledge of scheduling processes and industry best practices.
- Intermediate interpersonal relationship skills, building new positive relationships towards a common goal.
- Knowledge of construction equipment & techniques, drawing & specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to the project.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Skill in verbal and written communication needed.
- Proven self-starter and self-motivated to learn and grow knowledge.
- Knowledge of construction scheduling and production time management preferred.
- Construction engineering experience or knowledge preferred.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.