Mechanical Engineer, Production
About Redwood Materials
Redwood Materials is seeking an entrepreneurial Mechanical Engineer to support pilot projects and commercial scale production operations. This engineer will be responsible for leading continuous improvement projects across multiple manufacturing lines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the specification, procurement, and implementation of capital equipment.
- Design tooling and fixtures.
- Review and provide input on new process/equipment designs.
- Partner with mechanical development team to transition newly developed processes and equipment into manufacturing.
- Create and own process work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Train manufacturing personnel on new processes and equipment.
- Analyze process data and metrics and drive improvements on safety, quality, and cost.
- Trouble-shoot and solve process and equipment issues.
- Identify and execute continuous improvement projects.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, including understanding of dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; previous project management experience preferred.
- Prior experience leading capital acquisition processes.
- Experience with industrial scale processes and equipment, including automation.
- Detailed oriented with an analytical and structured approach to problem solving.
- Experience with statistical data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience with structured capital process, including process/equipment validation.
- Technical writing experience.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft office software.
- Solid Modeling 3D CAD experience preferred.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.