Mechanical Engineer, Power Electronics
About Redwood Materials
Mechanical Design Engineer, Power Electronics
Redwood materials is seeking a mechanical engineer with extensive experience designing and analyzing thermal and mechanical systems. You will own mechanical aspects of custom power converter systems, with outputs in the megawatt range. You will be working in a challenging, fast-paced, startup environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own mechanical design for state-of-the-art power electronics systems that will be applied in an industrial context.
- Perform engineering calculations, thermal and structural FEA analysis.
- Utilize first principles to identify creative solutions to challenging thermal management problems.
- Conduct mechanical validation testing.
- Work closely with electrical engineering and product teams to engineer solutions that meet stringent performance and reliability criteria.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated first principles approach to solving thermal and mechanical challenges.
- Strong understanding of thermal analysis and relevant FEM tools such as ANSYS.
- Highly proficient with 3D CAD and design of mechanical components.
- Experience in Computation Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Analysis.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing methods such as machining, sheet metal work, and injection molding.
- Proficient in GD&T.
- Experience with industrial machine design.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.