About Redwood Materials
Redwood Materials is looking for a Technical Trainer to facilitate engaging classroom and hands on trainings, particularly related to heavy equipment and safety programs. The Technical Trainer will work closely with EHS, subject matter experts, and leadership to schedule and lead training sessions as well as coordinate ongoing learning and mentoring opportunities across factories and shifts. This role will be mostly dayshift, with some off-shift required to support night shift operations as coordinated with off-shift leadership. The Technical Trainer will be critical to ensure Redwood employees have a world class training experience that is standardized across the company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading training sessions (both classroom and hands on) for courses such as: Overhead Crane Operations, PIT Equipment, Mobile Elevated Work Platforms, Permit to Work, Hazardous Energy Control, Job Hazard Analysis, Confined Space, Scaffolding, Fall Protection, OSHA 10 Construction, Rigging and Bellman.
- Helping to develop long term mentoring strategy in these programs to ensure qualified individuals across business units are uniformly adhering to Redwood company standards and continually growing their skills.
- Evaluating and retraining employees involved in safety incidents related to these programs.
- Coordinating with leadership in various organizations such as Maintenance, Operations, Facilities, and Engineering to schedule sessions for employees across shifts.
- Training area facilitators in these programs to assist in delivering in person content and assessments.
- Partnering with Training Specialists to provide input and feedback on training content creation and plans for training employees.
- Supporting factory locations in Carson City and McCarran, NV across multiple shifts.
- Establishing standard processes related to requesting and scheduling training classes with various business units.
- Desired certifications (any combination of the following):
- OSHA 500 Construction
- CPR/First Aid Trainer
- HAZWOPER/HAZMAT Trainer
- Scaffolding Competent Persons Trainer
- Rigging and Bellman Trainer
- Permit Confined Space Entry/Attendant/Supervisor/Rescuer Trainer
- Forklift/Boom Lift Trainer
- Overhead Crane Trainer
- Fall Protection Trainer
- Extensive knowledge of heavy equipment and safety program requirements.
- Experience in leading classroom and hands on sessions related to heavy. equipment and/or safety programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency, including Microsoft Office products such as Word and SharePoint
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at a time.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment without predefined standards.
- Ability to execute with a calm and collaborative urgency.
- Ability to split time between Sparks/McCarran, Nevada (80%) and Carson City, Nevada (20%).
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.