Production Program Manager
About Redwood Materials
Associate Production Manager
The Associate Production Manager is a leadership role on the Manufacturing team at Redwood Materials. This person will manage manufacturing operations at the Copper Foil plant where battery grade copper foil is produced for use in electric vehicles. The Associate Production Manager will be responsible for the production status of the facility, supporting a production team to a high level of standardization and discipline, while being the voice of production within change management. This position is a multi-faceted role requiring the ability to balance strategy and execution.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead a culture of safety, improving the safety of the manufacturing environment over time, and ensuring health and safety compliance.
- Manage the plant operations to support production requirements.
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Interface with new product introduction to adopt new processes and equipment into standardized production.
- Drive operational standardization and discipline using existing processes and identify and solve gaps in current workflows.
- Help identify and prioritize improvements to increase production and remove design assumptions for future builds.
- Oversee and improve organizational processes and policies to improve safety, quality and productivity with production as an end-user in mind.
- Build an enjoyable company culture which motivates employees to perform at their best through positive encouragement and consistent feedback.
- Partner with many cross-functional support structures to develop and grow employees.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Director to set clear goals and expectations for Supervisors and Leads. Measure performance, provide feedback, and hold leaders accountable.
- Provide guidance to supervisors on conducting performance reviews and creating growth plans, while also leading performance evaluations to inform key employment decisions, encompassing promotions, salary adjustments, and terminations.
- 3-5 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelors degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering preferred OR equivalent years of experience.
- Experience leading a team in a manufacturing plant preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate change into an production facility with an output of standardization.
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean methodologies.
- Strong and demonstrated effective verbal, written and listening skills.
- Ability to analyze, create and effectively communicate analyses with all levels of employees, management, suppliers and customers.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office - Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable conditions.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.