- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in heavy commercial and the industrial sector
- Proficiency to prepare and complete electrical deliverables using REVIT MEP
- Use NEC/CEC to create compliant electrical deliverables with code requirements
- Prepare electrical specifications for equipment/material selection and installation
- Interface and collaborate with multi-discipline design Engineers and construction/Contractors
- Proficiency reviewing and responding to field construction changes (RFIs)
- Field engineering, construction admin experience is plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and interface at an executive level
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
Electrical Design Engineer, EPC
About Redwood Materials
Electrical Design Engineer
Redwood Materials is looking for a motivated and accomplished Electrical Design Engineer for our Facilities Infrastructure Engineering and Construction team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Complete electrical power distribution system design from scope to development and to construction under the supervision of a Senior Engineer.
- Coordination with other disciplines including Design Managers, Manufacturing reps, and other stakeholders
- Prepare IFP/IFC electrical deliverables (single line diagram, panel schedule, grounding drawing, underground conduit drawing, power plan, lighting layout) using REVIT MEP
- Prepare a project specific to electrical equipment and material specification, and even own a few systems to keep up-to-date per the latest building code and industry standards
- Prepare RFP for outsourced design
- Technical bid evaluation
- Run photometric studies using lighting design software
- Prepare/review Title 24 compliance forms
- Review vendor proposals and project specific vendor drawings
- Participate in field construction and commissioning activities as needed basis
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.