Class A Driver
About Redwood Materials
Class A Driver
Redwood Materials is seeking a highly capable Class A Truck Driver to deliver freight across the country and potentially internationally to Canada and Mexico. Duties will include route planning, ensuring the safe and timeliness delivery of our freight, and performing preventative maintenance work on the truck. Drivers are also required to maintain a detailed trip logbook.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering freight over long distances across the country's road networks.
- Planning routes efficiently and delivering freight on time.
- Performing prescribed truck inspections before departure to ensure good running order.
- Documenting the freight's condition before departure and inventorying loads.
- Securing the freight in place before departure and monitoring its safe distribution throughout the trip.
- Supervising the loading and unloading of freight and obtaining the client's signature on delivery.
- Performing service checks on tire pressure, oil, and fluid levels, as well as minor repairs, when required.
- Logging hours and distances driven, rest stop durations, as well as all fuel, repair, and toll expenses.
- Communicating any delays due to road conditions, accidents, or breakdowns to dispatchers.
- Complying with federal and state trucking rules and regulations, including mandatory rest periods and weight restrictions.
- Applicable Commercial Driver's License (Class A CDL).
- Certificate of Completion of a professional truck driving course preferred.
- Experience as a Long-Haul Truck Driver.
- Hazardous material DOT certification a big plus
- W.I.C. Card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) preferred
- A clean driving record, as well as sound knowledge of truck maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of route planning, using both road maps and GPS devices.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws that regulate the road freight transport industry.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Winter Driving experience is a must.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.