About Redwood Materials
We are looking for an Electrochemical Engineer at Redwood Materials to accelerate and improve our development of electrochemical systems and processes. You will work together with other scientists, engineers, and technicians focused on developing and commercializing technologies for refining, purification, and chemical transformation using electrochemical methods. In this role, you will leverage your experience to think creatively and work collaboratively to solve key challenges faced in the recycling industry.
- Design and evaluate new electrochemical systems and integration schemes.
- Lead prototype assembly, optimization, and laboratory to pilot-scale test work.
- Probe the effects of material properties and component interactions on device structure and electrochemical properties, with a focus on design improvement strategies for electrochemical devices/systems.
- Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Engage with the broader cross-functional team to implement new designs and processes.
- MS or PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and/or 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- A formal background in electrochemical systems is strongly preferred, or 3 or more years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience with designing, integrating, and testing of single cell to stack electrolyzer units.
- Knowledge of material (electrocatalyst, membrane, electrolyte) integration, understanding of structure-property correlation, and development of unique electrode architectures within electrochemical devices would be beneficial.
- Qualified candidates must demonstrate considerable skill in interpreting and assessing experimental results and have demonstrated success, whether from industry or academia. Industry experience is an asset.
- Outstanding technical writing, interpersonal and communication skills and applies advanced scientific technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Experience with automatic data acquisition instruments and use of computer-aided design software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks) could be beneficial but is not required.
- Self-motivated with a hands-on approach who takes initiative.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.