Manufacturing Process Technician
About Redwood Materials
Manufacturing Process Technician
Redwood Materials is seeking a Manufacturing Process Technician to support the preparation, scaling, and sustainment of our recycling material preparation department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Daily analysis and report outs of production data using Ignition software and Excel, including correlation of production data with reported process issues.
- Through daily knowledge of the safe battery disassembly and repacking processes, recommend and implement countermeasures to improve processes by working with Manufacturing, EHS, Process Engineering, Sustaining Engineering, Maintenance, as applicable.
- Ability to understand daily and hourly production metrics, and work to meet/exceed goals. Assist in identifying production output limiters and help provide solutions to reduce and eliminate.
- Participate in root cause analysis with cross-functional At times taking the lead investigative role and implementing global countermeasures.
- Identify potential safety hazards in the manufacturing process and work with cross-functional teams to find solutions to remedy.
- Ability to lift 30-40lbs repeatedly for several hours during a normal workday and assist in identifying processes and solutions to eliminate ergonomic inefficiencies.
- Work in a continuously changing environment with a wide variety of materials. This is also inclusive of hot and cold temperatures in an outdoor environment.
- Ability to operate (with the proper Redwood training and certification) a variety of material handling equipment in various conditions.
- With proper training, have a comfort level working around high voltage material with the appropriate level PPE.
- Ability to work with a variety of conveyance systems and mechanical lifts to process materials.
- Prepare and be accountable for the workspace to successfully setup the oncoming shifts to maintain scheduled throughput.
- Manage workload with a positive attitude and proactively help co-workers.
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team-oriented
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced, quickly changing work
- 3+ years' experience in a high-speed manufacturing/industrial
- Experience with rigging and using mechanical equipment to maneuver non-standard materials.
- Experience in electrical work is highly desired, but not mandatory.
- Embrace the Redwood standard for safety, and practice the high standards daily
- Ability to work a 12-hr shift (standing majority of shift) in a manufacturing environment.
- Comfort communicating with and contributing to cross-functional
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, )
- Bachelors and/or Technical Degree preferred, but not required.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
This position is considered non-exempt.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.