About Redwood Materials
Redwood Materials is seeking a Materials Engineer to join our Copper Foil/Anode Materials Business Unit. We are amid a massive wave of innovation, design, investment, and execution and are looking for someone enthusiastic to join our team! In this role you will Prepare samples and perform optical and electron microscopy to characterize materials and processes. This role will aid engineers in process development and failure analysis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out and optimize sample preparation (mounting, polishing, etching) for optical and electron microscopy, using mechanical, electropolishing or ion beam methods.
- Characterize samples with optical and electron microscopy.
- Measure surface roughness and topography with stylus and optical profilometers.
- Ensure proper documentation and upkeep of technical data, laboratory procedures, and materials.
- Manage and prioritize laboratory activities for maximum efficiency.
- Synthesize data and report findings to team of engineers, clearly document procedures and protocols.
- Maintain lab equipment as well as lab order and cleanliness with safety in mind.
- B.S./M.S. in materials science, metallurgy, mechanical engineering, or comparable degree and experience.
- Hands-on experience with SEM and basic optical microscopy.
- A strong desire to work with SEM as a large part of their role.
- Metallographic specimen preparation experience.
- Detail oriented, excels at performing repetitive tasks where both high degrees of accuracy and precision are required.
- Able to work both independently and in a collaborative project-focused environment, prompt and dependable.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects in parallel.
- Comfortable working with chemicals and vacuum equipment in a laboratory environment.
- Be both capable and willing to perform all the various manual tasks involved with lab work, such as safely moving heavy objects, moving large pallets with a pallet jack, handling incoming materials, etc.
- The ability to analyze data and effectively communicate results.
- Strong ability to follow detailed technical instructions and operating procedures.
- Experience troubleshooting experiments.
- Experience with scanning electron microscope alignment and routine maintenance, including associated systems (EDS, EBSD).
- Experience working in a university user facility.
- Experience with mechanical (tensile) testing.
- Able to work in laboratory environment for extended periods.
- Able to lift to 30lbs.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.