Resource Recovery Technician
About Redwood Materials
Resource Recovery Technician
Redwood Materials is looking for Resource Recovery Technician to join our growing EHS team! The successful candidate will be responsible for the performance of tasks associated with management of downstream recycling and handling of hazardous and non-hazardous materials for offsite disposal.
Responsibilities will include:
- Execute day-to-day work for hazardous waste, solid waste, and recycling programs
- Monitors flow of recycled materials and makes recommendations to number of bins provided, and frequency of pickups.
- Remove recyclable items from inside factory to designated bins via forklift on an as needed basis.
- Sort and package waste by characteristics and regulatory classification (i.e., hazardous, universal, special, other)
- Responsible for weekly inspection and maintenance of Central Hazardous Waste Accumulation Area
- Maintain storage of empty drums and totes in preparation to ship off-site for recycling
- Follow standardized work instructions (SWI) and procedures to operate equipment while maintaining a high degree of safety and efficiency.
- Maintain cleanliness of hazardous-waste storage areas
- Collaborate closely with technicians and engineers.
- Requires the ability to properly wear, use, and maintain personal respirator equipment and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE) on hazardous waste or spill sites
- Proven track record of safety-consciousness and capable of learning applicable EHS standards
- Knowledgeable in hazardous materials, i.e. Hazwoper trained or the ability to obtain certification
- Ability to understand and apply detailed written and oral instructions, documents, and procedure manuals.
- Evaluate the production processes and equipment to look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Capacity to work independently and safely with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform the necessary physical tasks associated with the position including e.g., bending, lifting, twisting climbing, standing, and walking (multiple level building)
- Current forklift certification preferred.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
6:00 am - 6:00 pm Sunday - Tuesday (every other Wednesday)
6:00 am - 6:00 pm Thursday - Saturday (every other Wednesday)
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.