Senior Accountant - South Carolina
About Redwood Materials
We are seeking a Senior Accountant with experience assessing business expenses and to assist in preparing optimized budget plans. As a Senior Accountant, you will analyze complex financial records and reports. You oversee a company's accounting operations, regulate, and authenticate financial transactions. You maintain a ledger to ensure effectiveness and accuracy of all accounting tasks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing financial reports and recommendations for management and operational areas.
- Documenting policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility with a focus on internal controls.
- Researching complex transactions.
- Reviewing budget to actual for costing and project systems activities.
- Assisting with the external audit process.
- Maintenance of data in our enterprise accounting system, including monitoring and updating available capital funding.
- Preparing journal entries and complex calculations.
- Meeting all financial reporting deadlines.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Advising department heads and managers on accounting policies; interpreting and applying policies to various functions.
- Financial statement analysis.
- Performing monthly, quarterly and year end closing, including accrual entries.
- 5+ years increasingly complex experience in cost accounting, particularly within a large public company.
- Experience in manufacturing.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Experience with Oracle and/or SAP.
- Comfortable rolling-up sleeves and work with team members hands-on.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.