Senior Mechanical Engineer, Facilities
About Redwood Materials
We are seeking an experienced Facilities Mechanical Engineer to work across our office and production facilities to provide support for our Facilities Operations and Maintenance Team.
Experience in facilities operations in a large industrial environment is preferred, including experience in equipment operation and maintenance for HVAC, compressors, chillers, chemical systems, scrubbers, pure water and wastewater systems. In this position, this individual will apply knowledge of mechanical engineering principles while solving real world, technically challenging problems in a high-tech manufacturing environment.
This individual must be highly collaborative and able to work effectively with a wide range of teams and disciplines in a dynamic and scrappy start up environment. Great leadership skills and the ability to drive actions across multiple stakeholders is a must.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support daily operations and work on facility systems and equipment to optimize reliability, efficiency, capacity and quality.
- Understand and apply root cause analysis concepts and implement actions to continuously improve design, installation and operation of equipment and systems.
- Support commissioning of new equipment and systems by developing and reviewing procedures, as well as overseeing execution to ensure a high-quality product is delivered.
- Track and report on system demand, capacity and operational KPIs and identify and implement improvement projects.
- Support the technician team by providing engineering support, procedure development and review.
- Manage basic projects and provide oversight of contractors and 3rd party work.
- Create and implement facilities processes and procedures.
- Work cross functionally across our operations teams on a variety of projects to support team growth and our continuous improvement goals.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering and 5+ years of relevant working experience preferred.
- At least two years of experience supporting Facilities Maintenance and Operations or Production organizations.
- Basic understanding of electrical and control systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis on mechanical systems at a high level.
- Self-motivated, hands-on mindset, with a willingness to contribute at all levels.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.