Senior Piping Designer
About Redwood Materials
Senior Piping Designer
Redwood Materials is looking for a Senior Piping Designer to support the Project execution teams with the development of piping designs from concept to construction.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensures drawings and specifications are clear and meet the needs of the project.
- Applies technical knowledge in the design and application of piping systems.
- Field surveying and data gathering of existing piping systems tie-ins.
- Ensures reviews completed on time and is self-driven.
- Supports front end engineering design to ensure clear scope definition.
- Can produce piping design deliverables to ensure accurate reflection of scope that incorporates design needs, project goals, maintainability and constructability.
- Ensures their deliverables meet the needs of the project, including functioning as intended, on time and within budget.
- Ensures safety in design.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a background in industrial equipment/processes.
- Hands-on and detailed oriented approach to problem solving.
- Strong sense of ownership and proven ability to execute projects.
- Associate degree (AA) in Computer Aided Drafting and Design or similar extensive experience.
- Familiar with AutoCAD Plant 3D.
- Experience with Plant 3D project setup and specification generation.
- Have worked in collaborative model environments (e.g. Navisworks, BIM360).
- Experience in greenfield and brownfield site piping and equipment layout.
- Must be able to coordinate with other internal/external groups as it relates to the site layout.
- Review and redline vendor supplied equipment and instrumentation drawings.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.