About Redwood Materials
Redwood Materials is currently seeking a Structural Engineer to join our Infrastructure Development team. These roles are at the center of our activities focused on creating a sustainable circular economy for lithium-ion batteries by transforming recycled materials into battery materials for new lithium-ion battery production.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating detailed design drawings and specifications, performing calculations, reviewing the work of other engineers, writing reports and evaluations, and observing or inspecting construction sites.
- Analyzing and designing concrete, steel, and masonry structural elements of facilities.
- Creating and justifying structural calculations based on applicable material codes.
- Driving external design consultants to on-time delivery of coordinated high quality construction documents.
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with a Structural emphasis.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the state of Nevada (or the ability to receive P.E. comity through an active NCEES record).
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience for building-related design projects.
- Knowledge of Structural Engineering pertaining to industrial building structures, floor loading, lateral force resisting structural systems, utility distribution support, and equipment anchorage.
- Working knowledge of U.S. building codes, including the IBC, ASCE 7, AISC 360, and ACI 318.
- Experience in working in a multi-discipline environment.
- Construction Administration services for building projects, including RFI responses and submittal reviews.
- Experience with Revit and BIM 360.
- Proficiency in structural finite element analysis software (ETABS, RISA, RAM) and structural calculation software (Enercalc, Hilti Profis).
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.