Technical Program Manager
About Redwood Materials
Technical Program Manager
Redwood Materials is currently searching for a Technical Program Manager to join our Engineering teams to develop the next generation of materials.
You will be immersed in the design engineering process and will shepherd projects from concept through to prototype validation and then production ramp. You will use your engineering background to understand the product requirements, technical risks and the validation strategy to accelerate the development process. You will communicate and present project status, highlight schedule risk, and develop recovery plans in the event of project slip. On a daily basis, you will interface with cross function teams - design, manufacturing, compliance, supply chain and operations to define and drive development of new product programs, while also managing changes in existing programs.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be expected to operate with a high degree of autonomy on your programs while contributing to the development of tools and processes that improve the organization’s productivity.
Responsibilities will include:
- Define, implement and drive project requirements, workflows and plans while managing timelines, resources, communications, quality, risks, uncovering roadblocks, defining critical paths, identifying resource constraints, and any other issues that arise.
- Partnering with the program sponsor, architects, tech leads and engineers, business leads and dependent system stakeholders to ensure milestones are met and project is a success.
- Program manager large CAPEX projects delivering on time, within budget and according to specifications.
- Identify and document all project milestones and deliverables and keep project plans up to date at all times, including resource allocations, tracking hours, monitoring schedules, milestones, deliverables, updating percentage completion, etc.
- Set goals, track deliverables, manage expectations, identify risk and drive mitigations across all stages of the project.
- Provide insight around potential risks and opportunities, resolve conflict, initiate resolution and deliver results.
- Continuously monitor and measure project processes and activities to identify and communicate potential issues, risks, or problems in a timely fashion and provide corrective action options to drive to resolution.
- Escalate schedule delays due to issues and risks.
- Track and manage change requests to scope and obtain approval if necessary.
- Create formal project communication plans, key project metrics and dashboards for project status communication.
- Conduct project evaluations, post-mortems, and drive process change to incorporate learning.
- BS/MS in Engineering or MBA, and 5-10 years of program/project management experience in a fast paced, highly fluid environment or other evidence of exceptional ability. PMP is preferred but not required.
- Excellent program management skills and expertise of Big CAPEX projects as well as long-standing and proven professional experience as a Program Manager Engineering in domestic/global, strategic projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Engineering environment.
- Proficiency in Jira.
- Familiarity in several Agile principles - Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Self-organized, outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated, applied experience delivering complex programs and projects.
- Experience working with stakeholders, Product & Engineering Managers to keep everyone aligned.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and MS Project.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.