Controls Engineering Intern/Co-op
About Redwood Materials
Controls Engineering Intern - Summer 2024
Redwood Materials is seeking an entrepreneurial summer Controls Engineering Intern to support our research and development, pilot projects, and commercial scale production operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and leading controls projects including instrument selection, electrical design, PLC programming and HMI/SCADA development.
- Assisting with setup, testing, and debugging of instrumentation and control systems for new processing operations.
- Creation of programming and design standards and templates for the controls department.
- Pursuing a B.S. or advanced degree in chemical engineering, electrical. engineering, mechanical engineering, or another discipline with significant relevant coursework.
- Prior internship or work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience learning or working with PLC’s, HMI’s, motion control, and robotics.
- Ability to read electrical and P&ID schematics.
- Understanding of control loop tuning via PID loops.
- Able to operate autonomously and safely in an industrial setting.
- Self-motivated, hands-on mindset, with a willingness to contribute at all levels.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time for the summer of 2024 in the Reno, Nevada area.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.