Firmware Engineering Intern/Co-op
About Redwood Materials
Firmware Engineering Intern - Summer 2024
In this role you will work with a team of electrical and embedded software engineers to help develop new products. You will work on code for products that use ARM M4 and higher MCUs, with development being on bare metal, RTOS, and/or embedded Linux systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with software design, development and testing for medium-to-high volume industrial applications.
- Collaborate with the team, leveraging communication interfaces like I2C, SPI, and UART.
- Understanding operating systems and functionality.
- Student in electrical engineering or computer science.
- Coursework and/or experience with C/C++ programming.
- Experience or coursework with embedded software design, development and testing using tools like Python.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and collaboration skills.
- Documentation practice.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time for the summer of 2024 in the Reno, Nevada area.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.