Training Specialist, Maintenance
About Redwood Materials
Training Specialist - Maintenance
As a Training Specialist focused on the Maintenance organization, you will create, maintain and improve both global and area specific Maintenance training plans and assist Maintenance leaders and HR in establishing development plans supported by these training plans. Your purpose is to develop skills training and leveling as well as partner with area experts for area specific maintenance training, thus increasing safety, productivity and efficiency across the maintenance teams. You have a highly analytical mind. A high degree of technical writing skills is needed. You will be required to stay up to date on current issues and solutions. You will assist in identifying knowledge gaps as well as documenting new processes for technical issues and rollouts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing, maintaining, and improving a skills matrix aimed at supporting maintenance technician development.
- Tying skills matrices into the Redwood Academy Learning Management System.
- Performing knowledge gap analysis to determine how information should be organized and what is missing.
- Working with subject matter experts and management to ensure that documented processes and knowledge management solutions enable the end user to be successful.
- Working cross-functionally to develop effective, interesting, and engaging knowledge management solutions for all maintenance department teams.
- Creating step-by-step documentation, photographs, drawings, Visio diagrams, and charts to increase users’ understanding of systems, concepts, processes, procedures and products.
- Standardizing content across all maintenance teams.
- Proofreading and editing your own work and work of others to improve quality, readability, consistency, and effectiveness of documentation.
- Gathering and assessing feedback from end-users aimed at continuous improvement of the program.
- Staying up to date and revising content as new issues arise.
- Participating in internal auditing to monitor progress towards goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years’ experience in training and/or maintenance roles (experience considered in lieu of degree).
- Deep understanding of common maintenance skillsets, including pneumatics, electrical, and mechanical.
- Excellent technical writing skills with the proven ability to communicate complex procedures in a clear and organized manner.
- Able to understand complex information and communicate said information to individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Professional composure, approachability, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical skills with attention to detail including excellent proof-reading skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment, with a forward-thinking mindset.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite, SharePoint and other related products.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Firm understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the renewable energy industry is preferred.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.