AWS Data Engineer
About Redwood Materials
AWS Data Engineer
Redwood Materials is looking for motivated and talented data engineers to help model and manage data assets in a data lake architecture, overseeing the full data lifecycle from ingestion to processing to consumption. The ideal candidate is someone experienced with both data engineering and creating/managing/supporting AWS infrastructure. This is an opportunity to join during a critical growth phase and build green field software experiences and capabilities which will have a significant impact on the company’s day-to-day operations and ability to scale.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build and manage a data lake in AWS leveraging and augmenting existing LakeFormation based architecture.
- Build and maintain data pipelines from a variety of data sources, including streaming datasets, APIs, and various data stores, leveraging PySpark and AWS Glue.
- Create data sets from the data lake to support various use cases, such as business analytics, dashboards, reports and machine learning.
- Drive technical decisions on the best ways to serve data consumers (data warehouse vs. search engine databases, etc.).
- Leverage existing AWS architectures and design new ones where needed, using the CDK tool kit.
- Operationalize data workloads in AWS, automating pipelines and implementing appropriate monitoring.
- Work with cross functional teams to discover business needs and design appropriate data flows.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience developing data solutions in a modern cloud environment.
- Fluency in Python.
- Experience authoring and maintaining ETL jobs (PySpark experience a plus).
- Experience designing and interacting with relational and non-relational data stores.
- Experience with AWS ecosystem and resources and using Infrastructure-as-code methodologies (CDK a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to manage production data workloads (detecting and diagnosing issues, monitoring).
- A passion for excellence and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.